Tuesday 14 April 2009

Cream Tea review - Lyme Park

I thought it was time I kicked off this blog with an actual Cream Tea review. So i'll start with the most recent before i finally work up to visiting the cream teas of the past year. 

So without any more ado... 

Setting: Restaurant at Lyme Park (operated by The National Trust). Lovely house (part of the BBC's Pride & Prejudice was filmed here! Ah Darcy).  6/10
Quantity: 2 scones  :)  10/10
Accessories: Nice National Trust blend tea in an attractive Art Deco-esque tea pot. The scones came with a lovely Strawberry jam & thick Clotted Cream but unfortunately no butter.  7/10
Choice: The menu listed the cream tea as including fruit scones only, which is fine for me but it deterred my sultana-hating friend from ordering it. But two plain scones arrived!  4/10
Quality: Not freshly baked. Large but quite cold and stodgy.  6/10

Verdict: 7/10


3 comments:

  1. Love the blog Emma. How giving us an idea of the nature of the clientele? For example: young & vibrant, cosy & family or stale & musty? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Rich. I'll add that to my judging criteria immediately. x

    ReplyDelete